Virasorb Coldsore Cream 2g
Virasorb cold sore cream is an antiviral medicine used to treat cold sores on the lips and face (at the first tingle), which are caused by the herpes simplex virus infection. It contains the active ingredient aciclovir.
Can be used by adults and children
20 in stock
How to use
- Suitable for all ages
- Apply at the first signs of a cold sore (such as tingling and itching).
- Apply liberally to the affected area five times a day.
- Continue treatment for 4 days. If your cold sore has not healed after this time, you can use the cream for up to 10 days in total.
- Treat your cold sore for 4 full days to ensure rapid healing.
- If you forget a dose, apply when you remember and continue as before.
- If your cold sore hasn’t healed fully after 10 days, or if it gets worse at any time, contact your doctor.
- Never give your aciclovir cream to others, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
- The amount of cream inside this pack is enough for one cold sore attack. For any future incidents, start treatment at the first signs of a cold sore developing (such as tingling or itching). It can also be started during the blistering stage.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose
Ingredients The active ingredient is Aciclovir. Each gram of the cream contains 50mg of Aciclovir. The other ingredients are stearoyl macrogolglycerides, dimeticone, cetyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, white soft paraffin, propylene glycol and purified water
Warnings Take special care with Aciclovir cream
- Always wash your hands before and after applying cream.
- Do not touch your eyes until you have washed your hands after application.
- If you accidentally get cream in your eye, wash out thoroughly with warm water. Consult your doctor if you are concerned.
- Do not swallow the cream. If you accidentally swallow any cream, it is unlikely to cause any ill effects but consult your doctor if you are concerned.
- Avoid touching a cold sore to prevent transferring the infection or making it worse.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have a weakened immune system, contact your doctor before treating any type of infection.